The conference will take place at the "Jovellanos", one of the most modern buildings of the University of Balearic Islands Campus (UIB). The building is located at the center of the campus, 8’ walking from the Underground Station “University”. The campus is 7,5 Km from the center of Palma of Mallorca (Main Station “Intermodal” located in “Plaza España”, located in the heart of the city at walking distance from coast).
Access from Palma Airport to Palma downtown.
- By Bus: At the Airport, visitors should use line A1 at bus stop 547 located just outside the Arrivals' Hall. There is a bus every 15-20 minutes. Ticket price: 5€. Tickets can be purchased from the bus driver (only bills up to 10 EUR are accepted). Step down at stop 2 "Plaza España" or "Plaça d'Espanya", where you can take a connection to the UIB campus.
- By Taxi: Alternatively, visitors can take a Taxi from the Airport to Palma or directly to the UIB campus. Taxis can be found just outside the Airport Arrivals Hall. Typical fares are around 25€ depending on destination and number of suitcases. The are suplemental fares for night and holiday services.
Access from Palma Downtown to UIB campus.
- By Metro (subway): Visitors can use line M1 which starts at Plaza España (marked as Estació Intermodal) and ends at the UIB campus. Travel time is 13 min. There is a metro every 20 min. The ticket price is 1.45€. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket machines located in the station hall (bills larger than 20€ are not accepted). Keep the ticket until the end, since it is needed to leave the station.
- By Bus: From Monday to Friday, visitors can use line 19 (labeled as "Universitat"). The ticket price is 1.50€. Tickets can be purchased from the bus driver (only bills up to 10 EUR are accepted). Bus frequency is about one every 15 min. and the trip time is about 30 min. Line 19 has several stops in Palma including Plaça d'Espanya. For the Student Residence use stop 1101, when arriving from Palma and 1102 when going to Palma. Both stops are labeled "C.Esport-Residència". For IFISC or Antoni M. Alcover building, use stop 571, "Edifici Beatriu de Pinós", when arriving from Palma and stop 1014, "C. Mallorca" (located in front of the Antoni M. Alcover building), when going to Palma. On weekends, visitors can use line 9. Bus frequency is about one every hour.
- By Taxi: Visitors can also take a Taxi from Palma downtown to the UIB campus, although this is the most expensive alternative. Both ‘Radio Taxi’ (+ 34 971 755 440) and ‘Taxi Palma Radio’ (+34 971 401 414) can communicate in English.